Samvardhana Motherson Reydel Companies (SMRC)
Samvardhana Motherson Reydel Companies (SMRC), a member of Samvardhana Motherson Group, is a leading global developer and supplier of interior components to the global automotive manufacturers.
SMRC has full capabilities to design, develop and manufacture complete and functional modular interior systems. The company’s expertise lies in manufacturing, materials, design and styling which allows it to provide innovative, cost-and-weight-efficient products.
SMRC has 16 manufacturing facilities, three just-in-time assembly sites and eight technical centers located in Europe, South America and Asia. Global engineering centers with R&D teams have the capability to develop new products or adapt existing products to local markets.
Additionally, SMRC’s in-depth local market consumer perceived quality research capability enables it to provide valuable insights in developing consumer-appealing solutions to help its customers differentiate their vehicles.
The product portfolio includes:
- Cockpit modules
- Instrument panels
- Door panels
- Console modules
- Decorative parts
- Customized solutions
SMRC provides innovative quality products to its customers. The company aims to be the global automotive supplier of value-added components and systems to vehicle manufacturers around the world. The automotive interior technologies used are:
- Multi or Single-Material Stitched Skin is a unique process that enables the joining or the decoration of foamed skins using authentic stitching to create an affordable premium skin appearance
- Local Covering Overmolding which uses polypropylene as a base material and allows a local “soft” feel material to be moulded over top
- Fabric Two- Colour, One Shot – creates dual color hard interiors solutions from a single moulding sequence. Overmolded fabric can be applied to this technology to allow two-tone solution with local soft zones
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) is an interior skin material having translucent properties allowing light to be projected through the skin
- R-Flax Color™ Natural Fibres helps achieve a natural, grained surface giving a multi-dimensional depth effect
- InSkin™ - Zero Gap Decorative Integration is a manufacturing process that allows a decorative or function feature to be inserted into the thermoplastic olefin skin resulting in “zero gap” and flushed
The company is located in